Before I talk to you about the day. I want to tell you that due to circumstances beyond my control, we have had to move the date and venue.
- Finding balance
- Creating opportunity
- Feeding our creativity
Among other things, we will look at How to
Nail the three essential elements to being an Artist, without which we are simply deluding ourselves.
- Find inspiration in a time pressured world.
- Overcome mental and practical barriers to creative work.
- Strike balance between creative work and the business of making a living.
- Avoid overwhelm and what to do when blocked.
- Marketing and social media. What to bother with and what is a waste of time.
- Selling – pros and cons of selling privately/through Galleries,
- How to find gallery representation, how to price your work.
- What admin do we need to have in place to keep the show running.
- How does tax (artist’s exemption) and vat work on art.
- How to deal with procrastination, time management and setting and achieving your goals.
Venue: Olivetto, The Kingston Hotel
Location: Dun Loaghaire, Co. Dublin
Date: March 28th 2015
Time: 9.00am – 5.30pm
Course fee: €95
One day workshop for working artists
Part artists retreat, Part bootcamp!
This workshop is intended for artists who are already selling their work. Whether it be in small amounts irregularly or full time artists selling in galleries or other outlets or somewhere in between. The idea of this workshop is to take a day out of our busy lives and take a breath. Look at what we are doing and how we can do it better. How we can be more productive, more professional and more creative without putting ourselves in an early grave. I will draw from my own approach to the business of art and we will learn from each other. We will learn to set goals for the next six months to one year and look at ways that we can implement them. Setting out a clear approach help you progress in your work and career.
You will not be painting in this workshop.
Finding us & Getting there