One of the new series of interiors that I have been working on. 24×24 inch oil on canvas.
keep calm and have faith[singlepic id=771 w=350 h=450 float=] source: the love shop
I woke up cold and unsettled about 5am this morning from a nightmare. Something about the city in the throws of some kind of major disaster and there were looters/zombies/boogie-men outside. Then I listened to the early news and I could feel the panic starting to rise. Of course we all know how the country got here, but it still seems inconceivable that it has got this bad. That the IMF and EMF could be outside the door.
The only way to move at all is to make a conscious choice to remember that we have seen hard times before. That with hard work and creativity and by looking after each other it will be alright. (maybe not all rosey in the garden but alright)
So I’m turning off the talk radio for most of the day these days and concentrating on my work, and my family and my friends.
The Irish Times had a piece today- 50 things we still love about Ireland
They asked people to tweet they’re favourites and here are just a few of them
- @dcbedwards – knowing all your cousins 4 times removed and being shamed by your mother for not knowing all their kids too
- @furlo – Looking like Quasimodo but still being able to charm the pants off a beautiful foreigner due to the accent
- @thebrieparty – The fact that we don’t have to pay for royal weddings
- @foges70 – All the ailments that can be treated by putting the kettle on
- @rubot – First country in the world to ban smoking in pubs
- @irishmarinelife – Best surf in the world, and nobody believing you
- @levdavidovic – Fellas with no teeth on Winning Streak
- @deatonm – No killer spiders, box jellyfish, great white sharks, snakes or other dangerous animals.
- @louiseholohan – Never letting the truth get in the way of a good story
- @colettecaddle – Laughing at our misfortunes even when it looks like the boat might be ………. glug glug